The application should:
- Allow an Othello game to be played by the predefined rules and
deal with all exceptions.
- Allow the inclusion of extra features such as load/save game,
logging the board state, different difficulty levels, 2 player mode,
- Make use of alpha-beta pruning and make it easily changeable
as well as a flexible evaluation function.
- Enable the project to control its behaviour and therefore play
better, worse or even more quickly (possibly by fine-tuning and alternating
the functions used to compute one move).
Convert the application into a package that:
- Provides mode for player vs. program mode with different levels
of strength corresponding to different approaches and algorithms.
- Provides multiplayer mode.
- Allows watching the program as it plays itself in different levels
- Generates logs of a given game for basic analysis and information
such as placements, moves, and board state.
- Generates statistical reports automatically for many consecutive
- Allows more common features like board editing and 'undo'.
The following suggests a listing of the features that must be
generated by the completion of the project:
- Othello game can be played with the control of two user controlled
- Alpha-beta pruning implemeted and the program is able to carry
out a move.
In order to convert Othello Master into a unique product, we
may as well wish to include the following:
- Versatile computation algorithms are devised and the program
can play against itself.
- Reports are generated to produce an educational value from the