Re: Dr. Atkins is the Pied Piper of Medicine

  • To: <harveyT@prodigy.net>
  • Subject: Re: Dr. Atkins is the Pied Piper of Medicine
  • From: <sch@danielsorogon.com>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 08:23:04 -0800
I have read about this 5-6 hours ago. I don't think it was
the same article though.

I find it quite bizzre that high fat diet has become a diet
of choice. It must have its indirect side-effects and cost.
I also think it's one of these hypotheses that are so crazy
that they make people say "if it's so contraversial, there
must be something to it...". Do you want an analogy? How
about people who drink plenty of alcohol (wine) throughout
their life and reach the age of 100? Is that a proof that
alcohol is healthy? Of course not... but that's what we'd
love to believe.

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:07:40 -0500
 "Harvey Tobkes" <harveyT@prodigy.net> wrote:

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=3VV32NKNTM1YICRBAEZSFEY?
> type=healthNews&storyID=3870622

<http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=3VV32NKNTM1YICRBAEZSFEY
> ?type=healthNews&storyID=3870622>

-

   Roy Schestowitz
   Research Student
   Imaging Science and Biomedical Engineering
   Stopford Building
   University of Manchester
   Oxford Road
   Manchester M13 9PT