RE: [wp-hackers] Nightly build generation

Matthew Mullenweg wrote:
> Robert Deaton wrote:
> > Why not just have the cron job check a copy out of
> anonymous CVS and
> > tar/zip it up and move it to the proper directory.
>
> Yes that's what I'm looking for. Any shell/CVS gurus?

This script will copy it down to your machine, tar/zip it and up it back to
the nightly server. Theres a few variables you need to change. I've tested
it and uploaded it to my ftp site perfectly. I'm not that good with cvs, but
I can write a quick and dirty bash script if needed ;)

#!/bin/bash
# creates a zip and tar.gz file from the wordpress cvs and
# uploads it to the nightly directory
# Written By Ryan Duff - ryan@duff-duff.net
# 11/29/2004

# some basic info
# ftp username
username=your-username

# ftp password
password=your-password

# ftp server
server="yoursite.com"
directory="/path/to/nightly/"

# change to our local directory
cd /path/to/local/nightly/;

# get the files from the cvs server
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/cafelog co
wordpress;

# remove b2-include and cvs folders
rm -Rf ./wordpress/b2-include
rm -Rf ./wordpress/CVS

# make .zip and .tar.gz to upload
zip -r -9 ./wordpress-`date +%Y-%m-%d`.zip wordpress/ ;
tar czvf ./wordpress-`date +%Y-%m-%d`.tar.gz wordpress/ ;

# upload the files via ftp to nightly server
ftp -n $server <<End-Of-Session

user $username $password
binary
cd $directory