Re: domain registration

  • To: "Hidden Recipient" <spam@schestowitz.com>
  • Subject: Re: domain registration
  • From: "Roy Schestowitz" <spam@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 05:12:14 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 05:13:26 +0100
Hi Scott,

I did some surveys and asked people in forums about the better choices for a
host. What I found is that high-priced hosting goes with cheap domain-buying
rates and vice versa. They have tricks like:

-Free domain, then an outrageous price for hosting
-Cheap hosting and expensive domain rates, especially for longer terms

I believe the secret is to get the 'best of both'. I bought my domain from
Aplus (aplus.net) for USD 80, until 2014. I then transferred to catalyst2
who do extremely cheap hosting in the search for a good customer base.

You have to be aware that your domain must remain with the original host for
3 months, even if it only lies there idly. It won't cost you anything and it
is a matter of patience only, in the name of security. It cost me GBP 15
(USD ~25) to transfer my domain.

Good luck domain hunting!

Roy