Last Night's Debate

  • To: Roy Schestowitz <roy@schestowitz.com>
  • Subject: Last Night's Debate
  • From: Harvey Tobkes <harveyt@prodigy.net>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 08:15:44 -0700 (PDT)
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:15:56 +0100
My view that Dick Cheney is the only intelligent people in this race is
now even stronger.

Your assessment is correct!

Kerry was more articulate and spoke as if he were programmed by a disk, spouting a barrage of statistics and 1/2 truths and outright falsehoods.

Bush was sincere, a regular guy, low key, but had the right rebuttals and answers, but I would like to have seen a little more forcefulness and more denigrating his opponent's character. Bush should have challenged  Kerry when he kept repeating over and over again "I have a plan for this and that" without ever revealing a damn thing.

In short both candidates probably pleased their constituents but who can say how they affected the undecided voters.

My hope and best guess is that people will not vote for the best debater but for the one they can relate to and the one they feel will make the country safe, secure, and prosperous. (by the way some anti-Kerry Republicans are calling him the masterbater) [sic].

Harvey Tobkes

harveyT@prodigy.net