Re: Hi

  • To: "Amit Mohanty" <amitmohanty@gmail.com>
  • Subject: Re: Hi
  • From: "Roy Schestowitz" <Roy.Schestowitz@stud.man.ac.uk>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 16:39:16 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 26 Sep 2004 16:39:24 +0100
Thanks for the implicit compliments. I have read twice what you suggest you
want to do. I think it is a bad idea to 'hack' code from command-line. I see
some colleagues who do this and it is very time-consuming. All that you do
also disappears at the end of the session.

I suggest you don't change built-in functions like plot and imload. I don't
think Mathworks would like you to distribute variants of their well-tested
function either. What you can do is provide wrappers for these functions
that extend them in some way. See my implementation of Fancy Plot in MATLAB
Central, for example.

Complex functions are the result of effort being duplicated, i.e. cut and
pasted. Much of the code that I have written has common lines and it is
sometimes inspired by the MATLAB newsgroup.

Again, please let me know if you do not want my reply to you to become
public.

Yours,
Roy