Re: [xmms-devel] XMMS output to an website

  • To: xmms-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [xmms-devel] XMMS output to an website
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 05:54:02 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 05:54:04 +0100
Quoting Michael Bender <Michael.Bender@xxxxxxx>:

You're looking for something like icecast / shoutcast / savonet.
not really... I don't wanna stream my mp3s which are listet in xmms, I just wanna list them on a website
Now playing: AC-DC - The Jack - 192kbps - 7.3MB or s.th. like that...

Can yo use the "song change plugin"? I've played with this plugin to run a shell script whenever a song starts.

Set under Preferences->Effect/General Plugins->Song Change

If you listen to music on the machine that acts as a Webserver, set the Song Change plugin to execute something like:

(date +', '%R' '%D; echo -n %s) > ~/public_html/last_song

I wrote a few scripts that output a spreadsheet which contains the full history
of songs that I listen to throughout the day. Separate spreadsheets are stamped
with the dates they correspond to (using a cron job). Let me know if you have an
interest in this as I intend to summarise it in a Web page soon.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com