Re: Safe to exchange Lyx documents between Mac and Linux/PC?

  • To: lyx-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Safe to exchange Lyx documents between Mac and Linux/PC?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:58:01 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:58:06 +0100
Quoting Janus Sandsgaard:

On Friday 29 July 2005 13:16, Georg Baum wrote:

Yes. Several people I know do this on a regular basis, and the file format
is the same.

Perfect. I am quite paranoid when it comes to my thesis (deadline is getting closer) and was afraid that OSX and Linux uses different character encodings in text files or somethings like that (no, I do not understand much about what is going on under the hood). Will try it out.

Does the OSX version support NatBib?
As far as LyX is concerned: Yes.

Nice. Just learned to love Natbib. :-) Should I install any additional packages, except what is already mentioned on the Wiki page (http://wiki.lyx.org/LyX/Mac)?

If you want a template that will make a good starting point for a thesis, please
let me know. Be aware that it adheres to the British standards, so you might
have to mess about with it. If you are already in the process of forging your
text content onto LyX, then let this offer pass... but do send me a message if
you have an interest as I do not know of any existing public templates as such.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com