Re: [css-d] Help with css drop down menu alignment

  • To: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
  • Subject: Re: [css-d] Help with css drop down menu alignment
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:08:49 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 10:08:49 +0100
Quoting Chris Eldridge <Chris@industrialconsulting.co.uk>:

I have created a drop down menu system ala suckerfish which works fine.

www.changover.info

The problem is small but driving me mad.

The problem is not quite so small. That site is inaccessible or non-existent. I
tried a remote computer via SSH just to be certain...

The dropdown toplevel items created from an unordered list are of a fixed width, which is important to the design.

The text in the top level items is of different lengths and so some wrap round which is what I want it to do. This causes a problem as can be seen as the items are out of alignment horizontally.

I can't figure out how to make all of the top level menus align to the bottom rather than the top which would solve my problem. I've tried align-vertical in different places but with no success. I'm sure this must have been solved by someone else somewhere but can't find any solutions.

Please help

Chris Eldridge

-- Roy S. Schestowitz http://Schestowitz.com