Re: [css-d] FOR ADMIN Off Topic

  • To: css-d@lists.css-discuss.org
  • Subject: Re: [css-d] FOR ADMIN Off Topic
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 10:13:29 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 10:13:29 +0100
Quoting "Vicki Skinner (Stebbins)" <vicki@keenstreet.com.au>:

Sorry for writing to the list, I can't find an admin email address...

Hi Admin,

I just received this email, it doesn't seem genuine, can you confirm if it is?
Hello,

Thank you for your mail ([css-d] Links and Divs).

To confirm that your mail is legitimate, simply click
on this URL:   DELETED
and your mail will be delivered within a few minutes.

Once you have confirmed this mail then you will never
have to confirm any more mails to this address
(DELETED).

You must confirm your mail within one week or else it
will be deleted with no further notice to you.

Thank you.
I didn't reply, my mail re: the topic was delivered.

If it's not genuine it's well worth people knowing not to reply.

It seems like a fake boxtrapper-like message. This raises a few questions:

-Did someone pick the header of your message from the archives?

-Is somebody 'in house' somehow responsible? Perhaps a spammer subscribed to the
list and mailed a batch of these?

Sorry if I continue an off-topic discussion here...

--
Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com