Re: [wp-hackers] Re: Google Sitemaps for Wordpress

  • To: wp-hackers@lists.automattic.com
  • Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] Re: Google Sitemaps for Wordpress
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 16:18:03 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 16:18:08 +0100
Quoting Michael Nguyen <dyn4mik3@gmail.com>:

Roy, Google Sitemaps was just released yesterday. They are allowing
people to submit feeds of all their web pages to help Google crawl and
index their websites faster.

Find more info on it at: https://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/

This reached Slashdot only 20 minutes ago. You were ahead of everybody, I guess
so well done.

I suspect that it's very practical in domains which have one consistent CMS.
Since only about 20% of my pages are in WordPress, I am worried that such XML
will distract Google et al. from the real site map.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com