Re: [wp-hackers] Re: Polling

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
I wanted to bring this up before, but held back. Would releasing parallel,
distinct, yet related editions of WordPress be a possibility? Downloading a
light-weight version of WordPress and hacking it is analogous to building Linux
from scratch, rather than getting comprehensive distributions like Fedora,
Mandrake or SuSE. At its core, all is the same.

I don't think WP is enough like an operating system to warrant different distributions in the same way. People are welcome to do it, but I think officially we should focus on one thing and make that as great as possible.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://pingomatic.com | http://cnet.com