Re: [Rssowl-users] Embedded browser in preview pane in 1.2 on Linux?

  • To: rssowl-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [Rssowl-users] Embedded browser in preview pane in 1.2 on Linux?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 00:39:22 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 08 Nov 2005 00:39:26 +0000
_____/ On Mon 07 Nov 2005 17:35:40 GMT, [Denis Haskin] wrote : \_____

I'm in the process of switching to Linux, so I'm not sure if this is an RSSOwl 1.2 change or just not having thing configured right.

How do I get news items to be rendered in the preview pane? I can only get them to show up as plain text, not as rendered html. All the various Preferences options seem to only make it so that the web page itself (not the news item) gets rendered either in a new RSSOwl tab or in the external browser.

Hmm.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding something...

Thanks,

dwh

Have a look at:

http://www.rssowl.org/help?PHPSESSID=6446b6de59a9ae29d0ddfcbd9741e0ce#item_4

and

http://www.rssowl.org/help#item_13

<snippet>

A supported version of Mozilla must be installed (1.4 GTK2 or above 1.4).

Set the environment variable MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME to your Mozilla installation
folder, e.g.

   setenv MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME /usr/lib/mozilla

Set the environmnent (sic) variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include
MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME, e.g.

   setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH ${MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME}:
   ${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

</snippet>

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz