Re: image convert problems

  • To: lyx-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: image convert problems
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 08:44:53 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 08:44:55 +0000
_____/ On Sat 19 Nov 2005 04:34:15 GMT, [C Beary] wrote : \_____

Hello,
   I recently did a complete reinstall of lyx and am
having some problems opening my old documents. There
were no problems compiling lyx and there were no
missing packages. Yet when I open a document, I get
the error "No information for converting gif to eps".
This happens for a number of different formats. In the
text window, I get the message
"/usr/local/share/lyx/scripts/convertDefault.sh ERROR
Execution of "convert" failed."

What is going on and how do I fix it?

Thanks
Chris

I will venture to guess what causes this problem.

Are  images in the LyX document set to be displayed? This behaviour can be
disabled  per  image.  If  you  do not have  a  complete  installation  of
ImageMagick,  or if it is not properly linked, then you might probably get
as  many  error messages (in LyX only), which simply mean that the  images
could  not be displayed in LyX. Personally, I choose never to display  im-
ages in LyX as it slows things down (makes the GUI 'jumpy'), especially as
documents grow.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com