Re: Newbie here!

Folks,

First, thanks all for your kind help. Here's my short resume:

1 - Is it possible to add a header/footer which is really at the edge of the page? If yes, are there examples around I could steal from?

Roy kindly provided a quick and convenient way of doing that. Keyword: Background picture. Works without a problem! Sorted!

2 - Currently I am copy/pasting stuff from old word docs to LyX. I am using the koma book document layout right now. Is it possible to change it later easily to my *own* one?

The only problem left here is: How do I change the default face for the "Standard" paragraph style to something like Helvetica?

3 - copy/pasting of tables doesn't work here (Mac OS X) as explained in the wiki. What's the best overall strategy to convert from Word to LyX?

As I am working on a Mac, it looks like copy/paste from Word into vim and read the file in is the best way of doing it.

Thanks a lot!

André

Application Support Analyst
COLT
Mürtschenstrasse 27
CH-8048 Zürich/Switzerland
Tel:   +41 (0)44 560 06 00      Internal: 8411 0501
Fax:  +41 (0)44 563 05 01
andre.bonhote@xxxxxxxx
www.colt.net
Data | Voice | Managed Services