Re: [wp-hackers] Christmas
- To: wp-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] Christmas
- From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:45:04 +0000
- Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 11:45:05 +0000
- Envelope-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <43A93DAD.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <43A876F3.email@example.com> <43A87830.firstname.lastname@example.org> <0ED4EB20-0274-428C-9CE6-E006D481995C@txfx.net> <43A93DAD.email@example.com>
- User-agent: Internet Messaging Program (IMP) H3 (4.0.3)
_____/ On Wed 21 Dec 2005 11:34:05 GMT, [Ryan Duff] wrote : \_____
Mark Jaquith wrote:
On Dec 20, 2005, at 4:31 PM, Ryan Duff wrote:
Mark, thanks for the input. I'm glad somebody is alive out there.
Seems to me, every forum thread or mail I send to the list gets
ignored. Even though Podz started this one, I replied next and
apparently that killed it.
Posted to Hackers & Forums:
I know that there has been an announcement, but if 2.0 does come out
tomorrow / Thursday, then just who is going to be around for all the
problems ? You can guarantee it will be a lot less than normal.
I can see that pushing it out the door means no more coding over the
holidays, but it means more problems and more work for everyone else.
This is surely the ideal time to freeze - and I do mean freeze - the code.
Who IS going to be around to help out ?
The mindset seems to be the same in #wordpress
I know I'm planning on being away Saturday through Sunday and don't
look forward to 100+ support emails when I get back. The same will
be true of the forums. How about a break then a push after
Christmas weekend. I think most of us would rather enjoy our
holiday than worry about fixing our plugins to work with 2.0
Anybody else second this?
I'm probably not going to be as available as I'd like to be. And I
certainly wouldn't mind letting the current release candidate float
until the new year so that we can give time for any critical bugs to
surface. It'd be nice if we could focus on a 2.1 release
afterwards, instead of wasting time scrambling to get a 2.0.1
Evidently it hasn't. If 2.0 is released before Christmas, I'll make an
year's resolution and get involved in the forums throughout the holiday.