Re: [wp-forums] Forum enhancement

  • To: wp-forums@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [wp-forums] Forum enhancement
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <wp-lowtraffic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 07:02:25 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 07:02:26 +0000
_____/ On Wed 28 Dec 2005 18:50:15 GMT, [Matt Mullenweg] wrote : \_____

I just added a feature I've wanted to for a while that when you're logged in it adds the number of replies a topic has had to the query string URL for that topic.

What that means is that combined with the bold/not-bold link status when you have visited a link a topic will become "bold" again if it has new replies since you last visited it.

Let me know what you guys think of this.

The new behaviour is extremely helpful. I notice that there is never URL multiplicity for users that are logged off, which is good for SEO. As a word of caution, registered users may link to URL's that contain extra symbolic bits. I suspect this would lead to several identical pages stored in search engine cache (thus ranks leakage and duplication). It's that same problem with PHP-Nuke, which is not SEO-centric.