Re: Simple questions.

In <20050912023824.tykzztz9rixws8s0@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:
> > What I mean is that most applications let you open multiple windows
> > for "editing" puproses, with each window usually restricted to a
> > specific file. So when you open multiple documents, you get a window
> > per document, and a menu of windows. With LyX, you get one window, and
> > a menu of Documents...
> I don't consider that to be a bad thing. I dislike window clutter a la Word.
> What I mentioned earlier is what bothered me more: too many children windows.

Yeah, I could see getting used to this behavior. I set things in Emacs
to not open new windows when you open new documents. I was just
curious as to why LyX did things this way, rather than the more
conventional way.

> Instantiate another instance of LyX. Although LyX is singleton as
> far as I can tell, you can launch (using your Python-based Open?) a
> second terminal and call LyX from that.

Unfortunately, I was working on a Mac, using the Mac version of
LyX. If you can have two copies of LyX running, I haven't figured out
how. Trying to launch LyX a second time just pops up the window for
the running copy. Opening a second .lyx file causes the running LyX to
try and open it.

	Thanks,
	<mike
--