Re: PDF's Repeatedly Corrupted under Windows

On 15/10/05 17:58, Geoffrey Lloyd wrote:
This sounds very peculiar and not something I have come across before.

Do you have any .pdf files where you know this happens?

Could you send me one. I will open it on my WinXP machine and see if it
is ok.  Maybe there is something odd about your supervisor's machine.

Also which route do you use to generate pdf. Is it pdflatex of
tex->ps->pdf?

Geoff

Thanks for the offer to help, Geoff. Hope the viva went well unless it hasn't
yet taken place...

The route to generation is what I suspect could have caused trouble more
latterly, but since all routes work under Linux, I can't do any testing. What
route is the safest?

1-2 years ago I was sending weekly reports where letters (fancy image capitals)
were disappearing sporadically on the supervisor's machine. This did not happen
on my Windows laptop (now given away) or my Linux boxes. This went on for ages.
without ever being resolved..

I will have a playabout with the conversion routes and see if I can spot the
source of the problem. This would involve a lot of legwork because I need the
public clusters.

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    "Signature pending approval"
 5:55pm  up 51 days  6:09,  5 users,  load average: 0.41, 0.49, 0.62