Re: [css-d] Replicating the 'Million Dollar Webpage' in CSS

  • To: css-d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [css-d] Replicating the 'Million Dollar Webpage' in CSS
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 03:46:30 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 03:46:33 +0000
_____/ On Tue 10 Jan 2006 03:08:27 GMT, [nouhad] wrote : \_____

Hello there,
I am trying to replicate the design of TheMillionDollarHomepage in
CSS<http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/>.
Can anybody help me out?\

This smells like pink meat (promotional), but here are a few points:

-Use server-side resolvation of Web addresses. Your HTML file is no smaller
than 114KB and if/once you have many of small pixel-slices, that size can
grow enormously.

-How exactly do you want to use CSS? It is one large image with slicing
using a map, which is I recall is a deprecated technique for creating
menus.

-You could use CSS for the placements, which makes the page accessible, but
the stylesheet would get enormous, as would the page.

A 'Million Dollar Webpage' does not scale well unless the slices are
sufficiently large and thus there are few of them.
Innovate, don't imitate. See
http://www.whatspop.com/blog/2006/01/web-20-clone-wars.cfm