Re: [wp-testers] Download link dead

  • To: wp-testers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [wp-testers] Download link dead
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <wp-lowtraffic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 06:25:37 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 06:25:41 +0000
_____/ On Sat 14 Jan 2006 05:54:48 GMT, [Makki] wrote : \_____
On Jan 14, 2006, at 12:47 AM, Sean Hayford O'Leary wrote:
On 1/13/06, Makki <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I got the email for testing and the download link for nightlies is page not found.

"http://wordpress.org/download/nightly-builds/";

anyone got a reason why the email links to a page not there?

Because of the server switches/updates a few weeks ago. If you don't already have it, the correct download link is http://static.wordpress.org/builds.

Can someone fix this?

Thank you much appreciated. kinda odd seeing i got the email just 20 minutes ago and it had the wrong url still.

According to a recent message from Own Winkler and lack of response to Justin Moore's question, this may have been intentional. I don't think they want the URL to be posted to this mailing-list either. Simple URL hacking leads in the right direction though.