Re: [wp-hackers] 2.next Feature Request

  • To: wp-hackers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [wp-hackers] 2.next Feature Request
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 06:01:06 +0000
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 06:01:07 +0000
_____/ On Wed 01 Mar 2006 20:55:33 GMT, [Dave Grijalva] wrote : \_____

On 3/1/06, Aaron Brazell <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I realize that this does not affect everyone - in fact it only affects those of us who do mass installs of WP. I'd like a wp-unattended.ini file that most, if not all, of the options could be set via the file for automated installs and then, for security, WordPress will not function outside of the install while the file exists (it must be deleted post-install).

This will make configuration of WordPress much easier on an automated
level
though it will only be beneficial to a handful of us, I think.

Thoughts?

I's an interesting concept, but it could probably be made as a plugin. All of settings, save the db connect info, are saved in just a couple tables. I can't see any reason why a plugin couldnt export/import these settings.

This doesn't sound like a WordPress plug-in per se. It sounds like what you need a peripheral file and a hook to 'grab' it. Why not just copy the contents of one database onto another, either in full or in part? I have used this approach to instantiate cutomised, identical Wikis at ease.

Best wishes,