Re: [spam-stopper] Akismet and Lyceum

On Tue, 23 May 2006, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

For example on deployments with open registration, there may be a
few users trying to game the system amongst the many legitimate
users. Are there other options for differenciating these things,
such as url / domain name?

Why  not distributing a different key to each user? I believe this can  be
trivially implemented, even if databases are shared.

Well, it would be nice if for deployments with thousands of blogs, each blog admin didn't have to worry about setting up Akismet. Of course, if the system won't be as effective that way, then I certainly think that's a small sacrifice for great spam filtering.

John
----
aim/yim/msn/jabber.org: johnjosephbachir
713.494.2704
irc://irc.freenode.net/lyceum
http://lyceum.ibiblio.org/
http://blog.johnjosephbachir.org/