Re: [wp-hackers] WordPress 2.0.3 Tuneup Plugin

On Jun 3, 2006, at 1:35 AM, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Ryan announced the availability of a candidate on the 31st of May, IIRC.
This was posted to wp-testers, but there was no apparent response.
Therefore, I doubt many people bothered to 'knock' on it.

IIRC, the message was posted in the evening, and WP 2.0.3 was released early the next morning. It's not a matter of people not bothering... more a matter of them waking up, reading their e-mail, and realizing that it had already been released. It was a wholly inadequate amount of time for people to test out the release. What we need is the following:

- announcement on wp-hackers and wp-testers about availability of a release candidate. This should represent Matt and Ryan's proposed final version.
- people should install it as soon as they can, and report any critical bugs. Matt and Ryan need to make themselves available during this time to screen the bug reports and commit the patches.
- once people have been running the release candidate for a period of not less than 72 hours, and are happy with it, it should be released.

--
Mark Jaquith
http://txfx.net/