Re: [horde] Adding Extra Headers/X-Headers in Horde(IMP) 4.0.x

  • To: r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [horde] Adding Extra Headers/X-Headers in Horde(IMP) 4.0.x
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <r@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 12:31:25 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 12:31:25 +0100
___/ On Sun 06 Aug 2006 06:14:34 BST,: \___

On Aug 5, 2006, at 9:54 PM, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

Hi,

For  the past year, on several occasions, I have been trying
to modify headers in Horde Mail. I was never successful, not
even  in  insertion of additional X headers. I  noticed  the
following heading under "Personal Information" in "Options":

"Additional  headers  to  display when  viewing:  (optional,
enter each header on a new line"

Adding a list of headers (bearing in mind that this probably
refers  to  augmented  /viewing/  of  messages)  hasn't   an
apparent/desired  effect. So, is there a way for the user to
insert headers in Horde? I am using version 4.0.3.

I'm not sure about USERS adding their own X-Headers but we had the need to add a few X-headers to all outgoing mail. We did it by just adding a line or two to horde/imp/compose.php much like the following:

$msg_headers->addHeader('X-IMAP-User', $_SESSION['imp']['user']);

This, of course, would apply to all mail being sent from your server. I've never looked into allowing users to add customized individual X-headers so i really can't suggest anything there...

Hope that helps

It does indeed. I later came to realise (owing to another reply that went on-list) that it's something which cannot be changed by the user at GUI-level. What I wanted to achieve was not of great importance, but headers (of lack thereof) have been a deterrent when using Horde (for the past 2 years). Other issues that spring to mind: inability to export settings, e.g. filters as XML.

Many thanks!

Roy S. Schestowitz, Ph.D. Candidate in Medical Biophysics
http://Schestowitz.com  |  GNU/Linux  |     PGP-Key: 0x74572E8E
http://othellomaster.com - GPL'd 3-D Othello