Re: [wp-hackers] 2.1 branch

I have to agree with Roy.

Didn't we discuss this back in the "120 day release cycle" thread? It
was decided that WP as a community works best to release-when-ready
and that's the way things work out...

WP 2.1 is huge. Let's not mess it up.

On 11/19/06, Stefano <steagl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 21:33:16 +0000, Peter Westwood
<peter.westwood@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>We may not have enough time left for a pre-christmas release - afterall
>we don't want a christmas release like last time ;-)
>
>Maybe we should aim for a date mid Janurary?

I+1 setting now a date in january as proposal release date would be
helpfull to plugin developpers to start think to check an test theyr
plugin and have plenty of time to update thayr stuff... this would be
a nice first step towards the 4/6 months realease cycle Matt proposed
some time ago.

And no... a Xmas eve release wouldn't be good for translation team too
;)

Email: steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx steagl@xxxxxxxxx

Computer Guru
Founder