RE: [wp-hackers] Mike Little's Blog...

Is your feedreader subscribed to Planet or Mike's own feed?

If the former, WP uses MagpieRSS as its in-built "client" of sorts for
subscribing to Planet feed. MagpieRSS: http://magpierss.sourceforge.net/

It hasn't been updated in ages, so that makes me think that if MagpieRSS is
the weak-point it's a Conditional Get failure. I've been speaking to the
guys at FeedBurner, there's something in WP's latest (testing on 2.1) feeds
that results in broken Conditional Get & HTTP 304 headers - so far it seems
to be a FeedBurner problem.

Not sure if this is actually of any use, I also don't know if the version of
Magpie that ships with WP is modified from the 14-month-old 0.72 version
available for download from the official site, but that's where I'd look....

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/