Call for moderation and mediation: debian-live vs. debian-live-ng

Dear developers,

there is something brewing on debian-devel; a long-standing member is
throwing the hat and feels wronged by other, also long-standing
members, others jump to his side, people start calling names. This can
easily result in a mess, or rather, in an even larger mess.

So I’m wondering, can we proactively deal with this in a way that does
not hurt more people, does not hurt people more, does not create a
thread that endlessly mix technical, social and personal issues in
public.

I would love to see someone official – possibly the Debian Leader, or a
well-respected project member volunteering for this job – to stand up,
publicly state that something went wrong, and then, as a neutral
moderator, talks to both sides involved in the process, tries to figure
out what precisely happened, and eventually (though hopefully not in
too long) writes to an appropriate list a report on the issue,
including conclusions about how to prevent such a mess in the future.

Note that I am not looking for technical arbitration (that’s of course
the ctte’s job, if needed), but rather social analysis and
conciliation.

Thanks,
Joachim

--