Re: Palm for studying

Hi Martin,

I found my Palm to be a useful tool on campus. I will list only a few points
which I am happy to say more about shall you be interested.

-Keyboard is highly essential as I found Graffiti too slow to keep up with a
speaker.
-Battery life is in no way an issue.
-You will probably need to type in raw LaTeX because there is no front-end
for Palm which I am aware of. Alternatively, you can work in plain-text and
do all the conversion and formatting later in the day.
-Note Pad would allow you to draw diagrams, but it is by far inferior to
hand-written scribbles. Do not count on it much as the resolution is often a
problem as well.
-Palm works OK with Linux, but you will need to get some software from
SourceForge. I am sure it will not be a real hindrance in general.
-Which Palm OS device? I like the Sony Clie series; the Tungsten doesn't
impress me much. The M100 and M500 series would probably do everything you
need.

HTH

Roy