Re: Spam and Dross in Local Newsgroups

"Anthony Edwards" <usenet@catfish.nildram.co.uk> wrote in message
news:102hii5fp0ctl9a@news.supernews.com...
> On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 10:41:00 -0000, Roy Schestowitz
> <sch@danielsorogon.com> wrote:
> > Am I the only person who is concerned that there is no lively newsgroup
> > forum for the city of Manchester?
>
> Lively newsgroup forums tend to result from newsgroup readers making
> lively and interesting postings, which generate discussion and debate.

Yes, exactly. I think that because the name of this group is a very general
one, it's not too obvious what's proper to discuss. What if, for example, I
started a thread about some Linux stuff? Many users would find that
unappealing.

> You know what to do next, presumably?

Well, if the commonality of us all is "manchester" then apparently the
threads need to be Manchester-related.