Re: 'Save Password' Timeout

Kevin Nathan wrote:

> Re: 'Save Password' Timeout
> From:
> Kevin Nathan <knathan@project54.com>
> Date:
> Thursday 29 April 2004 07:09:37
> Groups:
> alt.os.linux.suse
>
> On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 05:58:21 +0100
> Roy S Schestowitz
> <roy-dot-schestowitz-at-isbe-dot-man-dot-ac-dot-uk@use-address-before-a
> t.com> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way of exceeding 1200 minutes as the period after which
>> passwords expires? It is cumbersome to re-enter passwords every day.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Roy
>
> Try:
>
> man passwd
>
> and pay attention to the section titled 'Password expiry information'.
> If you're using KDE, try pressing Alt-F2 and then enter:
>
> #passwd

Thanks Kevin. My problem however is different. 'passwd' will handle password
changes, yet what I wish to do is save passwords when connecting to FTP
servers. Control Center on KDE 3.2 has this option under Security and
Privacy -> Passwords. It only supports the range of 1-1200 and I wish I
knew which command it executes so that I can specify a value like 1000000.