Invoking shortcuts

  • Subject: Invoking shortcuts
  • From: jim_geeting@hotmail.com (Jim Geeting)
  • Date: 5 Dec 2004 18:00:02 -0800
  • Newsgroups: comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
I'm new to Palm OS (on a Treo 600 BTW), and am trying to understand
how you invoke the shortcuts such as "DS" for Date Stamp, "DTS" for
Data Time Stamp, and so on.  I have have found where they are located
in Prefs, but not how to invoke them from apps like Memo or Text
Message.

If I understand their use correctly, they function as a kind of stored
clipboard text so that when you type in their abbreviation, the
application automatically inserts the full text associated with the
shortcut.

So, what's the trick?  How do you activate shortcuts?

Jim