Re: Create email message using scripting on webpage

rf wrote:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> I actually create a proper E-mail using JavaScript.
>
> You don't "create a proper email using javascript" here. You are just
> sending it off to mailto: using the form action.
>
>> http://www.schestowitz.com/Feedback/

You interpreted that very literally. JavaScripts assembles some values so
that I get information that I'm after.

> Your browser sniffer needs a serious overhall.
>
> It reports Opera, IE5, IE5.5 and IE6 as IE4 whereas it reports IE4 as
> nothing.
>
> It reports Firefox as Netscape 5 (Hint, there never was a Netscape 5, just
> IIRC a beta).
>
> navigator.appName is a very poor way to determine which browser is being
> used.

Yes, I know. Do you think I _really_ mind? *smile*

>> Prevents spam too!
>
> How? Your email address is there in plain text. More importantly it
> immediately follows mailto:. I would think that a harvestor would find it
> instantly :-)

It's not my E-mail address. Not address you see above either... these are
addresses I try to check once a week. 90%+ is spam.

Thanks Richard.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com