Bulletin Boards and Search Engines

  • Subject: Bulletin Boards and Search Engines
  • From: "Canbeara" <tristan@dewdrop.com>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:53:55 GMT
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
Hello,

I'm in the early stages of planning a user-interactive bulletin board, where
members can log on and begin discussion threads.  Because the content of the
site is an important issue (ie that search engines be able to find it), can
anyone tell me if bulletin boards (ie, the open source type that are often
included in web hosting packages, like B2, or PHPBB, etc) are actually
"searchable" by search engines?

Any advice on bulletin board infrastructure to ensure search-engine
accessability?

Any comments or links much appreciated....

CanBeara