Re: Dual monitor frustration

  • Subject: Re: Dual monitor frustration
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 03:40:01 +0000
  • Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.suse
Mr. Bill wrote:

> I did everything I could think of to make it work.
>
> I reinstalled MANY times.
> I've read on the interweb till I'm red
>
> The last reinstall, I changed to an NVIDIA 5600.
> Same results as my ATI 9600 XT.
>
> Installed the NVIDIA drivers and now my flat panel is blank.
>
> Cluestick, anyone?

I spent about 10 hours trying to do it my own way, the logical way. I failed
every single time. Then I ran a Web search and found somebody else's script
which works. I modified it slightly and put it at:

http://www.schestowitz.com/Data/XF86Config

You will probably need to 'hack' these 'radeon' values.

Hope it helps,