Re: Web-based Palm Desktop

On Mon, 22 Nov 2004 16:54:30 +0000, Roy Schestowitz
<newsgroups@schestowitz.com> wrote:

>Palm users,
>
>Alex King (alexking.org) has implemented a Web-based tasks manager
>(taskspro.com) which has compatibility with Palm devices. We ponder if
>anybody will be interested in a full extension of this idea to create a
>Web-based Palm Desktop -- in other words -- provide means by which your
>desktop will be accessed and modified from _anywhere_. Synchronisation then
>becomes (optionally) Internet-based.
>
>I would like to ask you guys if such a project will be of interest to the
>Palm community.

Yes.

WeSync <http://www.wesync.com> created a prototype web interface for their
multi-user DateBook/AddressBook freeware, before Palm decided they didn't
like the idea. The code probably went to the purchasers of WeSync, Tanner
Research, who are moving ahead with improvements. A discussion with them
could be fruitful.