Re: Laptop Hard-drive Problem
- Subject: Re: Laptop Hard-drive Problem
- From: Roy S Schestowitz <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 06 Sep 2004 03:49:57 +0100
- Newsgroups: uk.comp.sys.laptops
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <c46Zc.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <exMZc.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- User-agent: KNode/0.7.2
Dorothy Bradbury wrote:
>> Is the warranty supplied by the seller (in which case I believe I have
>> none), by IBM or by the seller through IBM?
> For a hard-drive, generally IBM (Hitachi), check both their websites
> for either a telephone number or more usefully a serial number check.
> Typically it is 3yrs for most laptop/notebook hard drives (2.5").
There are several issues here:
1) This is a marginal case because I bought the HDD in September 2001. Does
the warranty start when the drive is manufactured? Perhaps when it is
2) I can't remember the name of the shop where I bought the drive. I don't
have the receipt either (yes, I was more messy back then).
3) I bought a second-hand HDD from eBay already. Let's just say I would not
mind a second one though.