Privacy Hack?

I have just realised a trick that can be used to find out when a recipient
read your mail and where at (obviously, many must have realised that
before). I am not talking about a message receipt, but rather something
that the receiver is not aware of.

What if you write your E-mail in HTML form and include a small white image
over a white background? You set that little image to be fetched from your
Web site and looking at the raw logs then allows you to get time, IP
address, etc.

Any thoughts? I think Micro$o£t have acted against this already.

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com