Re: Launcher

Stan Gosnell wrote:

> Roy S Schestowitz <roy-at-schestowitz-dot-com@use-address-before-at.com>
> wrote in ci0jvs$8rv$2@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk:">news:ci0jvs$8rv$2@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk:
>
>> Eddie wrote:
>>
>>> Any recommendations ?
>>
>> The basic one not good enough?
>
> No, it's not much of a launcher.  There is no way I could live with just
> what
> comes in ROM.  I need to do more than just run the built-in apps.

I have always believed that other launchers were not much more than flashy
graphics or extra bells-and-whistles.

I remember that when I got my first Palm in 2002 I was excited about games,
then Internet on the move, then E-mail and then Acrobat Reader. It was not
long before I realised that the only person I impressed was myself and all
I really needed were the main built-in applications.

At present, I maybe invoke the launcher once a week, when I need DocsToGo.
The rest can be dealt with using the buttons. The botton line (to Eddie)
is: will you wind up sticking to practicality or flash?

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com