Re: Window$ and SuSE File Sharing

Peter Köhlmann wrote:

> begin  C:\AUX Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
>> I connected a Window$98 machine through LAN with a crossover wire to my
>> Linux box. I tried to use YaST to make one machine 'visible' on the
>> other, but after an hour of work, I was unsuccessful. Can somebody refer
>> me to suggestions and possibilities please?
>
> Install Samba
>
>> I need to transfer about 2GB on a
>> weekly basis so this cannot be done over FTP or the like.
>>

> Why not? It *can* be done via FTP, naturally.

I have a problem since my FTP arccounts are 250MB and 150MB in quota. It
will need to be done in chucks which becomes impractical for a weekly
chore.

It is sometimes frustrating that something so simple as file transfer from
Window$ to Linux and vice versa is harder than 'scp'. It seems to me like a
program of this kind should be no more than hundreds of lines of C. Just
open all files recursively, open the port and send packets.

I will try the suggestion you have _all_ given me. Thank you.