Re: I am running Win98. Tho mouse keeps disapearing. Help!!!

Ingram wrote:

> I am running Win98. Tho mouse keeps disapearing. Help!!!
>
> Every two or three weeks the mouse pointer keeps disapearing. Hot keys
> sometimes work. I have to switch off at the mains and then re-boot.
> Sometimes I have to do this two or three times before before the mouse
> stays visible. I have very little experience with MSWindows.
>
> I normally use a PC with Mandrake installed but for the time being I
> am stuck with Windows (circa 9 months)
>
> Can anyone help?

Have you tried a different mouse? If you sometimes need to boot 2 or 3
times, then it appears suspicious.

I have used Window$ 98 for over 5 years and never came across that type of
problem. It might be hardware-related: sockets, motherboard, mouse (check
jumpers on the bottom if any exist)...

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com