Schestowitz.com Home

Re: HotSync Problem

John Martens wrote:

> After upgrading to Palm Desktop 4 (and swithing from Palm Vx to M130) I'm
> having problems with HotSync.
>
> After a while Windows (ME) reports an error caused by HotSync in
> SYNC20.DLL.
>
> Is this a known problem and how do I solve this ?
>
> John

To tell you the truth, Window$ ME cannot be trusted. It's a premature
release, though your problem might be related to Palm Desktop directly.
Only yesterday I helped a friend of mine whose Outlook synchronisation
caused the Windows$ kernel in ME to die. It's the third time in a few years
that this has happened to him. On the previous two occasions, he solved
this by re-installing Outlook. Maybe SYNC20 crashes because of some bad
dynamic linking. I suggest that you also consider upgrading Window$, if it
is not too much of a hassle.

Apropos, M130/PalmVx transition is unlikely to be the cause of the problem.
The 'desktop layer' should be almost transparent to the hardware and only
dependent on the software, i.e. PalmOS (and its actual version).

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com