Schestowitz.com Home

Re: PNG graphics transparency

  • Subject: Re: PNG graphics transparency
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:22:36 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
Jens Lenge wrote:

> Hello world,
>
> I want to use a PNG graphic with transparent regions on my website.
> However, Internet Explorer (latest version from WinXP SP2) displays
> transparent regions kind of bluish instead of using the background color.
> As I am quite new to HTML, do I have to set special options for PNG to
> work?
>
> Jens

Only two days I had the exact same problem! Mozilla and Konqeror can display
a full-colour PNG with transparency. Window$ (I tested IE5 and 6) wants a
bloody indexed pallete. Unless you ignore Window$ users, you are forced to
reduce the quality of your graphics.

...don't get me started on the way IE renders tables. It drove me nuts
yesterday.

--
Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com