Schestowitz.com Home

Re: PNG graphics transparency

  • Subject: Re: PNG graphics transparency
  • From: Dylan Parry <usenet@dylanparry.com>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:01:18 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
As an authority on the subject, Jens Lenge proclaimed:

> I want to use a PNG graphic with transparent regions on my website.

Unfortunately, the problem you are encountering is because Internet
Explorer does not support alpha transparency (transparency in 24-bit PNG
files).

You have one of two options here, you can either use a GIF or PNG with a
single transparent colour (256 colours overall), or you can use some
clever server-side stuff to get Internet Explorer to work with 24-bit
transparent PNGs.

As you are new to HTML, I would suggest that you do the former of the two
options, until you are ready to delve into server-side stuff.

--
Dylan Parry
http://webpageworkshop.co.uk - FREE Web tutorials and references