Re: Everyday Physics questions

Lance wrote:

> "Roy S Schestowitz" <roy-at-schestowitz-dot-com@use-address-before-at.com>
> wrote:
>
>> You would probably be best off having a long plastic glove inside a
>> transparent fridge; and a hole where you can toss outside the fridge
>> everything you pick up with the glove.
>>
> I laugh, but is this also a way of saying you do not know the answer?

I thought it was amusing bothering ourselves with something so insignificant
in life so I came up with a sarcastic reply. Nevertheless, I like everyday
physics and I think it's valuable to sometimes stop and think how to do the
small things better.

My answer is that you more or less answered your own question. Vacuum or no
vacuum, no doubt you can save energy by opening the fridge door minimally
and try not to suck out the cold air.

Roy Schestowitz
http://schestowitz.com