Re: God=G_uv proves 40k B.C. Creation
- Subject: Re: God=G_uv proves 40k B.C. Creation
- From: Roy S Schestowitz <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 09:21:26 +0100
- Followup-to: sci.physics.relativity
- Newsgroups: sci.physics.relativity, alt.religion.christian, alt.philosophy.debate, alt.atheism, uk.philosophy.atheism
- References: <%t3Zc.213728$8_6.141480@attbi_s04> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <UlqZc.98514$Fg5.52781@attbi_s53> <Pv6dnVVp2uw1qKvcRVn-iQ@comcast.com> <tVqZc.15781$_g7.11625@attbi_s52> <2pn5dcFmvubeU4@uni-berlin.de> <B9xZc.222113$8_6.60427@attbi_s04> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <wd6dnbH8MNrsG6rcRVnemail@example.com> <67-dnUvLFKvrL6rcRVnfirstname.lastname@example.org> <1gjj86h.1dcnvno12npa59N%johnSPAM@wilkins.id.au> <mOKdnbVPy5-tbarcRVnemail@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <3budnciWyu2NvqXcRVnemail@example.com>
- User-agent: KNode/0.7.2
George Hammond wrote:
> "Roy S Schestowitz" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> wrote in message email@example.com">news:firstname.lastname@example.org...
>> (Errata: Aardpig astrophysicist,
>> not Wilkins philosophy major:)
>> I have a Bachelors degree in Physics, and a Doctorate in Astrophysics.
>> > ...
>> > You're an impudent prig too. Billions suffer while
>> > you play with telescopes.
>> > ...
>> Do you already consider yourself a saviour or our world? I think the
>> statement above is verging the pretentious. I don't see how the suffering
>> of people is related to your so-called proof. I know I did not quote you
>> fully, but the rest is nothing more but 'selling points'.
>> Roy Schestowitz
> The significance of a "scientific proof of God" has been
> recognized for centuries. Aristotle, Newton, DesCartes,
> Leibnitz, Pascal and dozens of other scientists have
> recognized it to say nothing of Theologians like Aquinas.
> Neither Religion nor Theology are considered "scientifically
> based" today. Many claim they are merely superstitions.
> And yet the inscription "In God we trust" is on a one dollar
> bill issued by the U.S. government.
> There are 5 billion religious adherents in the world today
> including 1.3 billion Christians. This alone tells us that a
> scientific proof of God which will de facto elevate
> Religion from a "faith" to a "proven scientific fact" will
> have a dramatic political effect on civilization. The major
> effect obviously will be to curb ugodly behavior, criminality
> and illegal aggression... simply due to an increased world
> unity and confidence of belief in the correctness and
> reliability of religious principles.
I know it takes us off topic, but the problems of the world today are driven
by socio-economic factors. Religion is just a disguise to the real issues.
The bottom line is that wars do not erupt between theists and atheists. They
also cannot be prevented by all agreeing on the same God.