Re: Is there any easy way to use an old laptop's screen as a display for a Palm Pilot?

  • Subject: Re: Is there any easy way to use an old laptop's screen as a display for a Palm Pilot?
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 03:50:53 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.comp.sys.palmtops.pilot
Casey Hawthorne wrote:

> Is there any easy way to use an old laptop's screen as a display for a
> Palm Pilot?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Casey

You'd face a _huge_ challenge if you tried going in that direction. The
laptop screen takes input via a large series of wires which I am convinced
differs from that of the Palm. And where would you get power from? Are you
thinking about using a pocket-sized Palm Pilot in conjunction with a heavy
and clumsy laptop? What about screen resolution? 0.1-squared-inch pixels? I
could make my answer very sarcastic, but I choose not to. I hope this
answers the question without being offensive in any way.

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com