Re: Nav Button and graphics Question

  • Subject: Re: Nav Button and graphics Question
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 17:35:10 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
Robert wrote:

> Just a few questions
>
> 1) What do people usually do for nav buttons graphics or text or I
> guess it is a Preference?

Depends on the site: does it get accessed frequently? Do the buttons
/change/ often? Who are the users? What is their connection speed? What are
the capabilities of the Web server? What is the site presenting? There is
no definite answer and the issue is very subjective.

> 2) What are some good tutorials for learning to make some cool looking
> nav buttons?

The GIMP has scripts which produce nice-looking buttons for you. You need
only input the text.

> 3) What programs are recommended for graphics on the web Photoshop or
> Fireworks?  Are there many others people use?

I used Paintshop and Photoshop in the past. I now use the GIMP exclusively.
The GIMP is becoming very wide-spread and Paintshop is still used by many.

> Thanks a lot
>

> Robert

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz