Re: Video player in web page

  • Subject: Re: Video player in web page
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 03:12:05 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.html
Carl Gilbert wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have a web page in which I want to allow the user to play a small video
> clip.

Good, but be careful about the issue of openness.

>  I have a very simple design but I have no idea if it is possible.
> I have put the design at the following URL:
>     http://www.blackwaterbadgers.co.uk/media_player.jpg

Do you intend to put a Flash clip (not a big fan...) somewhere inside the
frame? With a little bit of JavaScript, you can change the label of the
button, maybe even with CSS.

You might find the following useful, but please stick to Real.

http://www.streamalot.com/embed.shtml

> I might try and replace the 'play' text on the slider bar control with
> play a pause icon depending on the play state of the video.
> Does anyone know if this kind of design is achievable?
>
> Regards, Carl Gilbert

I related to some of these points above, I think.

Hope it helps,

Roy S. Schestowitz
http://Schestowitz.com