Re: Improve Google's Rankings using CollaborativeRank

  • Subject: Re: Improve Google's Rankings using CollaborativeRank
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@schestowitz.com>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 08:22:22 +0100
  • Newsgroups: alt.internet.search-engines
Amir  Michail wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Google rankings are great most of the time but sometimes you want
> something different.  The CollaborativeRank search engine allows you to
> improve Google rankings:
>
> http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/collabrank
> http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~amichail/collabrank/collabrank.pdf
>
> Basically, it uses a hubs and authorities style analysis to encourage
> timely and helpful ranking suggestions.  See the paper for details.

You have already posted this here a month ago. Why again?

The reason I am skeptic about the idea is that it involves extra traffic,
thereby getting slower. Also, the last time you mentioned a manual
component to it; the net is too enormous and corrupt for this. Also see the
recent Google improvement:

http://www.google.com/googleblog/2005/04/just-facts-fast.html

--
Roy S. Schestowitz